Robs workbench...in works grey...

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

rob
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Re: Robs workbench...in works grey...

Post by rob »

Possibly my own worst enemy Graeme...but rather than coverage its the slightly gritty texture thats a bit below par...should be fine when done...plus I know you will have noticed a few areas on the F1 that could have done with a bit more filling and on both a few small blobs that hould have been cleaned off better...thank you for sparing my blushes!
Anyway I have just begun the painting process....will update when further along!
rob

Post by rob »

Haven't fallen off the wagon(s) so to speak....both locos ready for lining and lettering but also 11 wagons on the go including one of my Stakhanovite efforts....8 Chivers loco coal wagons.... so progress but not worth photos yet!
rob

Post by rob »

....so where was I?.......works grey...not anymore....I also lettered the batch of 8 Finelines Loco Coal wagons and built 3 PO wagons to get my eye back in...two Parkside/POW,one an old Cabrian pre-lettered I had misplaced into a random box of bits...needed some touching up....hopefully frees me up to move on to other jobs....
Attachments
DSCN7481.jpg
DSCN7479.jpg
DSCN7483.jpg
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

Well, bloody hell, look who's back. Good to see you, mate. What's been occurring?
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Echoing Jonathan's remarks, a very welcome return!

I've repeatedly wondered whether you (and family) are all still alive, well and happy, and whether you were still modelling and avoiding poverty.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Dave
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Dave »

Deleted :
Last edited by Dave on Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

I think you may have the wrong Rob here, Dave.
Dave
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Dave »

Your right thought it was the other Rob :D
Joseph P.Keegan
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Post by Joseph P.Keegan »

Hi Rob

Welcome back

Joe
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Dave wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:14 pm Your right thought it was the other Rob :D
I suspected you'd got the wrong man Dave, but I decided to wait and see what transpired. It might have turned out that you'd had a priveleged line of communication with a man who has eluded the rest of us for a decade...
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.

Post by 45609 »

As others have said, welcome back Rob. Good to see you back and doing some modelling. I haven’t posted much myself for many a month, nay, year. Maybe I need to rectify that.

ATB…Morgan
rob

Post by rob »

Hello all,thanks for such a warm welcome!...all is well here though lifes been busy,good but busy!
I haven't been totally idle as I've been doing some "vintage" modelling using US craftsman style kits in wood(HO) but with a basic circuit set up I decided the time was right to break out the real deal again!
Some of the stock has been sitting in boxes so long its got traces of mould on it but what was thoroughly satisfying was to see the locos coming back to life with a good wheel clean and some grease and oil.....some I'd even forgotten I'd built and I was particularly stunned to find a second Nu-Cast K2!
Theres a DJH D20 on the way ...
I must rearrange the fiddle yard a bit but effectively I can run trains!!!...
rob

Post by rob »

....slowly taking shape......running at least,not a complex kit but the old school DJH models have a crisp accuracy to their castings that still looks good...
Attachments
DSCN7488.jpg
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

Did we mention the incorrect tender back in the day when you started it?
rob

Post by rob »

....nooooo!!!....tell me more.....or maybe don't :( :lol:
...first shots at weathering UK stock......scouring the interwebs for colour photos of the 30's....but to some extent I'm going to fgo with if it pleases my eye then its OK...I just don't want to be producing 12T goods wagons that look like they've done 300 miles on the Santa Fe when they're meant to be in Scunthorpe......
Attachments
Fish van.jpg
lms fish 2.jpg
lms fish.jpg
ne fruit.jpg