Here are all the steam locomotive models I have had the opportunity to make so far.

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Krynio2
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Here are all the steam locomotive models I have had the opportunity to make so far.

Post by Krynio2 »

Good morning everyone!
After opening up a few topics about the process of creating 3D replicas of locomotives designed by John George Robinson, I decided to change my style of presenting my work a bit. Instead, I have opted to share the renders in one place in summary form.
Be sure to share your thoughts below.

Here is my work done over the last few months, the number will grow from time to time.
Attachments
LNER class B8 no.5004 "Glenalmond"
LNER class B8 no.5004 "Glenalmond"
LNER class B3/2 no.6166 "Earl Haig"
LNER class B3/2 no.6166 "Earl Haig"
LNER class B6 no.5052 without textures applied yet
LNER class B6 no.5052 without textures applied yet
LNER class O5 no.5414
LNER class O5 no.5414
Mersey508138
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Re: Here are all the steam locomotive models I have had the opportunity to make so far.

Post by Mersey508138 »

Very nice work there, the level of detail is top notch.

1 of my favourite LNER locos besides the A1, A2, A3, A4 & P2 is the P1 2-8-2. Even though only 2 were built and both had long gone by the time I was born in 1973, since I saw a model of 2393 owned by Atlantic3279 on his youtune channel of thd same name and also running on Cliff Parsons The Gresley Beat layout in a youtube video, I have always wanted model of 1 or even both of the locos.

I have before now tried to build a P1 2-8-2 using the 8F loco chassis but this is completely incorrect, possibly an O1 or O2 class 2-8-0 chassis would make it as it should be but yes definitely the P1, maybe someday I'll get it right, who knows.

Wishing you well for 2024
Krynio2
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Re: Here are all the steam locomotive models I have had the opportunity to make so far.

Post by Krynio2 »

It so happens that in 2022 I had the opportunity to make a replica of the P1 2-8-2 steam locomotive based on isinglass drawings. Taking advantage of a moment of free time, I decided to compare the P1 chassis with the O2 2-8-0 drawing, and all indications are that I have good news for you. Below in the attachments I provide photos of the locomotive in transparent view (maybe they will help somehow) and both chassis for both P1 and O2.

Also, my best wishes for 2024, I hope you will quickly build your model, which will please the eye of many a railroad enthusiast.
Attachments
9.png
8.png
P1 chassis
P1 chassis
O2 chassis
O2 chassis
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

If you go back through Graeme King's thread, he built a very fine P1 using the ACE kits O2 frames.
Mersey508138
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by Mersey508138 »

Many thanks for your replies, I look forward to posting pictures of the loco when I finally get to build it.
Horsetan
LNER P2 2-8-2

Post by Horsetan »

jwealleans wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:10 pm If you go back through Graeme King's thread, he built a very fine P1 using the ACE kits O2 frames.
He also had some choice words to say about the standard of ACE's etches and their, er, fit and finish.....
Krynio2
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by Krynio2 »

The B6 class received a different numbering and finally got textures.
Attachments
LNER class B6 no.5053
LNER class B6 no.5053
Krynio2
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by Krynio2 »

I am pleased to present the finished steam locomotive "Sir Sam Fay". I decided to let my imagination run wild and make an extra stand for the model, was it a good move? I think it is a matter of taste. I encourage real experts to express their opinions.

Greetings
Krynio2
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by Krynio2 »

Oto kolejny pojazd powiększający nie tylko moją kolekcję wykonanych modeli, ale również powiększający moją wiedzę w zakresie modelowania. Ten konkretny egzemplarz nr. 6112 jest tym, którego najłatwiej i najprzyjemniej miałem okazję wykonać. Podobnie jak w przypadku ówcześnie prezentowanej lokomotywy tu także zapraszam ekspertów to wyrażenia swojej opinii.

Greetings,
Krynio
nzpaul
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by nzpaul »

Digital model making isn't a thing that's in my wheelhouse at all, but viewing the work of someone who's good at it is fascinating non the less. One thing, which might show up my ignorance of such things. Is it possible to lighten the background of the images? Viewed on a decent PC monitor they look okay but on a mobile device the loco can be difficult to see as the edges can disappear to a degree into the grey surroundings.
Thankfully, Google translate helped me out with the last post.

Paul
Krynio2
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by Krynio2 »

Class of heavy steam locomotives for mixed traffic classified as B7.
Hi Paul, thank you for giving me your own point of view and your own opinion. Your request has of course been taken into account, which is why the model below has a lightened background.

Greetings,
Krynio
Jim de Griz
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by Jim de Griz »

Krynio2 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:31 am Oto kolejny pojazd powiększający nie tylko moją kolekcję wykonanych modeli, ale również powiększający moją wiedzę w zakresie modelowania. Ten konkretny egzemplarz nr. 6112 jest tym, którego najłatwiej i najprzyjemniej miałem okazję wykonać. Podobnie jak w przypadku ówcześnie prezentowanej lokomotywy tu także zapraszam ekspertów to wyrażenia swojej opinii.

Greetings,
Krynio
That is really good, the lighting in particular is excellent.

Jim de Griz
Krynio2
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by Krynio2 »

After a slightly longer break from posting, I have the opportunity to introduce my NER class S3 / LNER B16 4-6-0,
which I have enjoyed creating.

Krynio2
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by Krynio2 »

Freshly textured, with high quality details and a superb GCR paint job already completed! In front of you is the 'Butler-Henderson' - Robinson's passenger project!

In the first photograph, note the buffers, and their textures

In the second photograph, note the multitude of stripes in this livery and the nameplate with which No.506 rode