Rugby Central structures

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

doctorb923
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Rugby Central structures

Post by doctorb923 »

Can anyone please suggest where I can look next for photos or drawings of the following structures at Rugby Central: (a) the water tank building south of the signal box, (b) the goods shed alongside Travis and Arnold's timber yard (I already have a few photos of the station side but nothing from the west side). As far as I know I have seen all the books on the route published since about 1975 and various photos and drawings coded "gcrcsxxxx". Also, can anyone confirm that the Up Passenger Loop starter signal (No.4) had a concrete post, as the only photos are taken from too far away to be certain.
Saint Johnstoun
LNER A3 4-6-2

Re: Rugby Central structures

Post by Saint Johnstoun »

Great Central station and other buildings tended to be to standard designs and I am sure that Rugby was no exception. There are plans somewhere of a lot of the infrastructure. Try the NRM.
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

You can always try 'Disused Stations'

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.
Tony west
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by Tony west »

The goods shed at Rugby was a larger version of that still standing at Brackley.
I will go through my photos to check on the loop starter......
The water pumping building was a unique structure. I have a rating plan of the station which will yield the footprint of said building from which it should be possible to workout some vertical dims.
Please let me know what you need help with !!...Rugby Central is one of the few things I know much about !!.
Cheers Tony.
Bodley_Fludes
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Bodley_Fludes »

Doc - you still looking for photos of Rugby C. I have many photos of the structure, and environs, from all angles. Let me know.
I assume a model is in works or envisaged - how is it coming?
BF