Atlantic's works: Portable layout update

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Atlantic's works inc. RTRconversions. Now an A4 question

Post by 52D »

Well Done Mr King, congratulations its about time your efforts were recognised.
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
rowanj
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Post by rowanj »

As a recent recipient of both excellent castings and generous help from Graeme, can I add my well-deserved congratulations.
All thumbs
H&BR Q10 0-8-0

Post by All thumbs »

And mine.
Be gentle! Returning to the hobby after more than 20 years away...
Robpulham
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Robpulham »

Congratulations Graeme. There's not much I can add that others haven't said before me.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Thanks for all the kind words :) . Now I must shrink my head back to normal size so that I can get through ordinary doorways :lol:
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
SAD Burdett
H&BR Q10 0-8-0

Post by SAD Burdett »

Nice one Graeme,
There really are some relevant names on that trophy.
I don't think it surprises anybody else on here,,, what you can do with a base body shell is extraordinary.

SAD :(
Modelling 4mm finescale 00. LNER GCR GNR.
If anyone in Norwich area wants to visit and natter you are very welcome, just make contact.
http://salmonpastures.blogspot.co.uk
35windsorlad
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Post by 35windsorlad »

Well done Graeme

Are you going to make good use of the try by becoming the tea boy on Leeds,and Gamston.
Mines black 2 sugars

John
35windsorlad
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Post by 35windsorlad »

spelling mistake on last entry it should say TRAY. I got all excited. Well done Graeme
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

I felt the need to slacken the pace of my modelling efforts for while after the Nottingham show, and had a thoroughly enjoyable day just looking around the exhibition at York, having a natter, and buying just a couple of odds and ends. Here and there I've also been trying to finish off the two part-resin Toad D brake vans, production of whose sides and ends got me started in resin casting about two years ago. They're coming along but enthusiasm has waned over the last couple of days because I'm at the hated stage of fitting all the handrails. I've counted at least 31 separate pieces of handrail to be formed and fitted to each of the two vans, after drilling out the necessary holes, with eight T-jointed handrails to solder up on each van. Mind numbingly tedious :roll:
I'm looking forward to moving on to my Chivers BY "pigeon"* van, as I'm assured that it almost clips itself together.......

* although looking at the "Steve Banks Modelling Articles" topic today, 5/4/13, perhaps I'd better call it a ventilated perishables brake?
Last edited by Atlantic 3279 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Dave
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Dave »

Congratulations Graeme
Very well deserved..........your place for afternoon tea then, now you have the tray to play waiter.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

I'll start cutting the cucumber sandwiches Dave. I only do wholemeal bread though, so it's no use for and fussy faddy wimps who only eat that fluffy, doughy, flavourless cotton-wool substitute.

Tom F
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Tom F »

Atlantic 3279 wrote:I'll start cutting the cucumber sandwiches Dave. I only do wholemeal bread though, so it's no use for and fussy faddy wimps who only eat that fluffy, doughy, flavourless cotton-wool substitute.
Home baking in the dales remember! ;)
Tom Foster
Modelling the North Eastern Area of the LNER - 1935-1939
Horsetan
LNER P2 2-8-2

Post by Horsetan »

Atlantic 3279 wrote:....I only do wholemeal bread though.....
...wi' nowt tekken out? :lol:
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

I've not forgotten about the baking in the dales Tom. I must sample as soon as have a convenient excuse!
Horsetan wrote: ...wi' nowt tekken out? :lol:
Not even the sawdust, toenails and gritty floor sweepings. The more abrasive the better. A true test of the alimentary canal.

LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 60800 »

Anything on this new A4 conversion Graeme?
36C - Based out of 50H and 36F