Great British Locomotives Magazine

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Horsetan
LNER P2 2-8-2

Re: Great British Locomotives Magazine

Post by Horsetan »

S.A.C. Martin wrote:Thanks Ivan - exactly the same as an actual A2 more or less if you remove the lugs. I reckon that would do nicely on a model I've been working on.
Let me know about the tender you wanted.
S.A.C. Martin

Post by S.A.C. Martin »

Horsetan wrote:
S.A.C. Martin wrote:Thanks Ivan - exactly the same as an actual A2 more or less if you remove the lugs. I reckon that would do nicely on a model I've been working on.
Let me know about the tender you wanted.
PM sent. :)
Horsetan
LNER P2 2-8-2

Post by Horsetan »

S.A.C. Martin wrote:PM sent. :)
...and replied to.
Saint Johnstoun
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Saint Johnstoun »

Does anybody have actual confirmation at what number the series will finish?
Horsetan
LNER P2 2-8-2

Post by Horsetan »

Nope.

...but I'm only after one more, and that's the Class 47 / Brush Type 4 diesel.
Kestrel
NER C7 4-4-2

Post by Kestrel »

52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

Kestrel wrote:Does anyone know where this is??

http://greatbritishlocomotive.co.uk/_uk ... -cover.jpg
Saltash?
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

Saint Johnstoun wrote:Does anybody have actual confirmation at what number the series will finish?
Had our fellow contributor been a little more forthcoming with information or rumour from the Western Front, with which he is thoroughly familiar, he might have provided the following note of what are said to be the final three issues:

39 August 5th A1/A2

40 August 19th Brush Type 4

41 September 2nd Locomotion No 1(perhaps)

Based on the potential inaccuracy of this information, maybe he didn't want it to be seen to come from the horse's mouth......
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Horsetan
LNER P2 2-8-2

Post by Horsetan »

Atlantic 3279 wrote:....maybe he didn't want it to be seen to come from the horse's mouth......
Vicious rumours, Graeme. Vicious rumours. :mrgreen:
Seagull
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'
Location: Between a cheap railway station and a ploughed field

Post by Seagull »

52D wrote:
Kestrel wrote:Does anyone know where this is??
Saltash?
To be pedantic (well I am!) it's actually St Budeaux, the Devon side of the Tamar, looking towards the Tamar bridges with Saltash in the background.

Alan
Playing trains, but trying to get serious
Horsetan
LNER P2 2-8-2

Post by Horsetan »

Excellent. Simon's taking the A2 tender, and someone else is relieving me of the cosmetic track base. Means I can keep the engine body and the screws. :mrgreen:
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by 2006 »

Anybody in the Grantham area looking for the A2, Sainsbury's had two left on the stand by the entrance/exit this afternoon :wink:
Horsetan
LNER P2 2-8-2

Re: GBL A2

Post by Horsetan »

Hatfield Shed wrote:....the awkward transition from round to flat on the RHS firebox side are easily dealt with. ....
It's not just on the right hand side. The incorrect transition also occurs on the left - though partly hidden by the LHS ejector pipe. In summary, the transition occurs too low down, which then makes the (lower) firebox too narrow.

I'm just trying to work out where to saw off and reposition the flat sections. Some plastic filling will be needed but since all the moulded detail is to be shaved off, at least the task is made a bit easier.
Atlantic 3279
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Atlantic 3279 »

If the whole thing is too narrow and you plan to lose the surface detail anyway, then why bother cutting the original sides off? You could just add a suitable extra layer over them and blend the top edge into the curve in right place, preserving full strength of the original moulding.
Most subjects, models and techniques covered in this thread are now listed in various categories on page1

Dec. 2018: Almost all images that disappeared from my own thread following loss of free remote hosting are now restored.
Horsetan
LNER P2 2-8-2

Post by Horsetan »

Atlantic 3279 wrote:....why bother cutting the original sides off? You could just add a suitable extra layer over them and blend the top edge into the curve in right place, preserving full strength of the original moulding.
Hmmmm...... :idea: