NER Snowplough model

This forum is for the discussion of railway modelling of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Bryan
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

NER Snowplough model

Post by Bryan »

I have just been passed a photo of a model of an NER Snowplough No 22

The model is in a display at the Glasgow Transport museum in a shop window display in one of the street scenes.

Can anyone say if the model is scratch built or is it a commercial model?

Thanks
052 - Copy.JPG
Hatfield Shed
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: NER Snowplough model

Post by Hatfield Shed »

No idea about that specific item, but there is an OO commercial model of such a device by 'Flangeway', one quick search and here's something: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index. ... flangeway/
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

By no means the same beast. Bryan is the proprietor of a genuine NER snowplough which he has illustrated elsewhere on the forum.

I'm afraid you're a couple of years too late for me to check on that model, Bryan, although I recall the display and must have seen it.
Bryan
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Bryan »

I contacted Glasgow museums about 09.00 this morning and received a reply half an hour ago.
Which says:-
The plough appears to have come from our model railway which was once assembled at the old Museum of Transport at Albert Drive in Pollokshields. There is not much information about the model and I note no makers stamps/marks. The model railway was a layout centred on Carlisle Citadel station, so I think that is why the plough has Carlisle on it.

Very quick response for which I said thanks.