Valuation of a Wool LNER Overcoat

This forum is for the discussion of the LNER, its constituent companies, and their histories.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

nml92
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Valuation of a Wool LNER Overcoat

Post by nml92 »

Just out of interest how much is it worth?

Thanks
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Re: Valuation of a Wool LNER Overcoat

Post by 60041 »

I would not think it was worth very much.
I had a "West Riding Electric Tramway" greatcoat that I bought back in my student days in the 1970's and ended up donating it to the tramway museum at Critch.
They were very grateful as they said that most coats like that ended up having their buttoms cut off and sold on ebay, while the the rest of the coat was burnt or thrown away.
http://www.birches.plus.com/page148/pag ... ge188.html
Mickey

Post by Mickey »

Just following on from 60041 i did have at onetime x2 British Rail (1980) issued single-breasted quilted black greatcoats with (i think?) x3 sets of B.R. silver buttons (probably would cost if bought about £200-250 each??).

I use to keep one of these greatcoats in my s/box locker at onetime that use to double up nicely as blanket to keep myself warm on a Saturday night laying on the box floor getting some (much needed) shut eye Z Z Z z z z z z z z z zzzzzzz... :wink:
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'Day Gents

I used to do the same, with my overcoat, but on an 08 they were better blankets than overcoats :mrgreen:

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.