Forum updates

This forum is for all off-topic (ie. non-railway) discussion.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

teaky
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Forum updates

Post by teaky »

Looks good.

Well done Richard.
PGBerrie
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Re: Forum updates

Post by PGBerrie »

I'm missing the "Previous Topic", "Next Topic" navigation. All posts have "no unread topics" at the moment, but I imagine that will sort itself out once I've caught up with my reading.

Well done!

Peter
2002EarlMarischal
LNER A3 4-6-2

Re: Forum updates

Post by 2002EarlMarischal »

I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to enjoy this excellent forum and can only guess at the level of voluntary time and effort needed behind the scenes to maintain it.

I feel very ashamed therefore to be critical of the new format, and it may be my tired eyes, (from far too many hours working at a PC), but I find the new presentation nowhere near as clear as the old.

Unlike all other web pages I have open at this time, on the PC I am using this very moment, the Forum page is occupying the centre of my PC screen with a good three inches either side of blank space. It did not appear like this before. I have not changed any settings.

I have the Forum open on my laptop too, which is a squarer screen, and that is almost filled.

It has also become much harder work to view on a smart phone screen, something I do in brief breaks from work, when I snatch a few moments to scan the Forum.

Previously each post on a thread stood out with clarity and could easily be distinguished from its neighbours. My impression now is of a sea of text which I find harder to read. May I respectfully ask if it would be possible to add a suitably solid line around the shaded background to each post and could they be spaced out more?

I am really sorry to be negative, and again emphasize my appreciation to Richard and the Forum moderators. My apologies gentlemen.