Merry Christmas!!!

This forum is for all off-topic (ie. non-railway) discussion.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Blink Bonny
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Merry Christmas!!!

Post by Blink Bonny »

Ay up!

Cheers for that, Richard. Cricket in Tx? That'd be a project worth persevering with. However, I had a tough job getting a bunch of Mississippi rednecks to go on a British style pub crawl through Memphis, Tn! Never again.... :mrgreen:
If I ain't here, I'm in Bilston, scoffing decent chips at last!!!!
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

People do play cricket here in Irving at the amateur level. At least one of the city parks has pitches - we have a fairly sizable Indian and Pakistani population. Encountered a lot of Indians whilst taking my MBA - they were all mad about cricket, and couldn't really understand how I (an Englishman) wasn't so bothered!

Pub crawl in Memphis,TN? Marcy and I were accused of that just last week when Marcy sent a cellphone photo of Beale Street to our parents. Not knowing the best places, we sampled a few. Get the food, the music, etc. A beer in each place - it adds up!
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
Blink Bonny
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Blink Bonny »

Ay up!

Dallas has changed since I was there, but that was some time ago......

I reckoned the Great Memphis Pub Crawl the best night out I ever had. My colleagues were of a different opinion, but what do you expect of Mississippi rednecks? As you say, good food, good beer (mostly) and some excellent music.
If I ain't here, I'm in Bilston, scoffing decent chips at last!!!!