Greater Anglia fares fiddle imminent?

This forum is for the discussion of all railway subjects that do not include the LNER, and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Mr Bunt
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Greater Anglia fares fiddle imminent?

Post by Mr Bunt »

On Monday 21 November 2016 a poster appeared at Hertford East station (Sod’s Law, I didn’t have my camera with me!). In summary it read “Tickets issued at this station are valid from Hertford East only. If you wish to travel from Hertford North you should ask for a Hertford Stations ticket”.

However on Thursday 24 November 2016 Hertford East’s self-service ticketing machines were issuing these, clearly showing the starting point as Hertford East or North. Is the poster Greater Anglia’s first attempt to disengage itself from the embarrassment of charging Great Northern’s fares from Hertford East to longer distance destinations? At the moment most of these are cheaper than the same ticket type for the same journey from Cheshunt or Waltham Cross!
Attachments
DSCF4142.JPG
Mr Bunt
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Re: Greater Anglia fares fiddle imminent?

Post by Mr Bunt »

This is the poster I referred to in my original post. Clearly it's at variance with the ticket I photographed then.
Attachments
DSCF4160.JPG