A4 and Duchess to take turns on one tour over Honiton.

This forum is for the discussion of all railway subjects that do not include the LNER, and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Tom Quayle
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

A4 and Duchess to take turns on one tour over Honiton.

Post by Tom Quayle »

THE EXCHANGE SPECIAL's :shock: ooohh interesting was my responce.

Sunday 1st June 2008 will see (as far as Im aware) the use of an A4 (60019 Bittern) and a Duchess (6233 Dutchess of Sutherland) over Southern metals.

The tour itinary is
6233: Waterloo-Sailsbury-Honiton-Exeter
60019: Exeter-Honiton-Sailsbury-Waterloo

The day before (May 31st 2008) 6024 will be running York-Leeds-Kings X

Both tours are Steam dreams organised. Think ill have a trip on the Waterloo-Honiton-Exeter one. :lol: :lol: :D

Like the sound of a pacific I haven't been behind (60019) over a route I haven't been over with a Dutchess to boot. A great consolation prize for missing out on the 3 A4 run but Im gonna try and get on a tour hauled be the following next year:
34067 Tangmere
35028 Clan Line (no likely always on VSOEs)
60019 Bittern
6233 Dutchess of Sutherland
70013 Oliver Cromwell
Double headed black 5s

Ill post prices when I get a reply to the E-mail i sent to Steam Dreams to find them out ASAP so I can save like fury for it :wink: .

All we need now is a Bullied out of Euston to complete the exchange trials set (I wish), would love to do Camdon behind a slippery footed Spam Can, Tangmeres the only one mainline at the moment. Ha as if it will ever happern.

Fiance Cabbed 61994 today, started trying to one up each other, well were ven at the moment as i cabbed 34007 and 30926. I intend to out do her wedding present by booking full premier class and enjoy the trip behind 2 of preservations best, thats if she can get me away from the drop light :lol: .
The weather here is Baltic but so were the tank engines
Furness Railway and GCR fan.
125mph tilt vs 126.5mph duck
Advanced North West Productions.
Tom Quayle
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by Tom Quayle »

Price as follows from Waterloo:
Standard Class £82.50
First Class £112.50
Premier Dining £182.50

York Train
Standard £72.50
First £99
Premier Dining £159

Im going on the Waterloo-Exeter. An A4 and a Duchess over Honiton bank to much to resist and it will be my first tour out of Waterloo.
The weather here is Baltic but so were the tank engines
Furness Railway and GCR fan.
125mph tilt vs 126.5mph duck
Advanced North West Productions.