Blue pullman returns

This forum is for the discussion of all railway subjects that do not include the LNER, and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Tom Quayle
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Blue pullman returns

Post by Tom Quayle »

Well allmost it is infact 2 class 47s and mk2 coaches but an interesting modelling idea non the less
Attachments
DSC_7012ux.jpg
DSC_7012ux.jpg (70.9 KiB) Viewed 5030 times
tommyd49
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Post by tommyd49 »

Its a shame to see the legendary 47s replaced (remember their late 70s/early 80s dominance) along with mk 2 and mk 3 coaches. Although the 47s were out of date, in their time they kicked the voyagers in the a***. The voyagers are an absolute nightmare, and they're replacing electrics on Manchester to Birmingham!!! :evil: I also really liked mk 2 coaches, although they have poor/no air con their seating layout is amazing. Personally I would like to see them make a comeback and throw out the voyagers on the cross country line!
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

They are operated by FM Rail, and there's a picture in the February issue of Model Rail of the First one freshly painted at York (3352), when I looked it had gone, maybe the picture explains why!
There is to be 11 coaches top and tailed by 47709 and 47712.
The coaches are ex Virgin West coast MK2 open firsts and refurbished MK1 buffet cars.

Mark t
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk
Tom Quayle

Post by Tom Quayle »

Right this is turning into a pick on Branson (Brilliant). Scrap the voyagers all together never mind on the Cross Country. They Brake down alot, Dont like sea air, Run too many miles a day and end up coated in rubish, The toilets Backup into 1st class. Did that ever happern with MK2s NO because they were better and in my opinion more comfertable. A trip to Warrington using a 150 from Barrow to Lancaster and a 220/221 the rest of the way is utter hell the only way it could be any worse is if the 142s worked the barrow trains, lol, is that wher branson got the idea for the riding for the 220/221 fleet. Simple in the end Branson, Midland Mainline and Hull Trains beet you at your own game. Scrap the Pendelenos as well. Bring back the 90s and 87s. Have you seen what most of them are doing now. The simple answer is nothing they are laid up at Wilsdon Traincare is this the end all over agian or am I just looking for a way to directly link Branson with the lack of steam over shap and Beatock. Give me a pair of pliers and 1/2 an hour and ill remove penderlenos from atleast 10 miles of track (joke, dont pannic branson) Its the fact that Yes they can do 125 mph tilt but can they turn heads, No, because to most people they are just silver tubes at least the 90,87,86s had carrictor. As for 47 haulage it seems that FL 66s are being used by vergin more now with all the 57 going coff coff splutter splutter Bang! on the Welsh coast. Is this the 47s giving Branson one last uprising because if it keeps happern in the welsh coast will be silverised with 220/221 condiantions as well. Bring back 47s in scotland as well with DBSO rakes :cry:
Tom Quayle

Post by Tom Quayle »

In sort of relation to class 47s I have attached a picture of a 47 in one of my favorite liverys and one of the best appied to the class. Weve had Intercity, BR blue and BR green. Hows about this or scotrail with black rap rounds. Like these locos there is 3 pages on www.railscans.co.uk/main.htm great site everything from 08s-66s and the only thing missing last time I was on was 92 and 73 sadly.
Attachments
mb47644.jpg
(164.81 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Bullhead
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by Bullhead »

Although this has, admittedly, nothing to do with the Blue Pullman here's a picture I took at Waverley almost 20 years ago.
Back on-topic, the BTF "Blue Pullman" film is a particularly enjoyable piece of nostalgia - the startling novelty of the train itself juxtaposed with the steam-era background and personnel.
So - did anyone dare tell Stephenson, "It's not Rocket science"?