Work at Walsall

This forum is for the discussion of all railway subjects that do not include the LNER, and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Work at Walsall

Post by 52D »

Driving South on the M6 today i noted a construction gang laying a single line using heavy plant. The location was just before Bescot yard but the line came under the motorway from the Bescot direction and headed Northwards. Is this a track renewal or a reinstatement and where does it go to.
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
Stirling O
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

Re: Work at Walsall

Post by Stirling O »

I live in Walsall overlooking Bescot Yard. I'm not exactly sure to which location you are refering, but I've noticed over the last few weeks that work is in progress to reinstate the line from Walsall to Wednesbury, presumably for freight traffic. This line used to be double track, but when I travelled into Walsall by train yesterday, I noticed that they had lifted what would have been the 'down line' and laid in a new 'up line. Hope this answers your query.
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Work at Walsall

Post by 52D »

Yes Stirling you are probably correct i will check it out on my A to Z in the morning (It resides under the van seat now because i have the assistance of Telstar to help me navigate round Brumagen).
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.