Timeline of the EWYUR
1883 East & West Yorkshire Union Railways Act passes.
1886 Drax line abandoned.
1889 Second abandonment Act.
20th May 1894 E&WYUR opens to freight traffic.
1895 South Leeds Junction Railway opens.
1896 South Leeds Junction Railway becomes part of the E&WYUR.
1899 Thorpe Branch opens.
1904 The passenger service starts and lasts only nine months.
1st July 1923 Grouping leads to the E&WYUR becoming a part of the LNER.
1948 Nationalisation and the formation of British Railways.
3rd October 1966 Closure of the remaining E&WYUR network.
25th July 1967 Permission to dispose of the land is granted by the Ministry of Transport.