Mobile Support

This forum is for suggestions and discussion about this site. What would you like to see?

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Mobile Support

Post by richard »

I've also started to look at the static pages. I've made a couple of relatively minor changes to one of the Pacific pages, but I've come to the conclusion it needs more work to fix the fixed-width header. I'm making contact with a professional...

Compared to my other sites, these changes aren't that urgent, but they are a good dry-run before I perform the same types of updates to my commercial pages (where it is much more important).
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Would anyone else like to try the forum mobile template?

The template's author has gone a little quiet after partially helping with the green problem. I can fix the remaining green and the grey that is too light - but there's not much point if we're going to junk this template.

I think sawdust's comments are valid even if they appear to contradict some of Google's recommendations! :-)
I would value more opinions though.

The ball is rolling on the static pages but it might be a week or two before I have anything to show/poll people on.
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

I note that new members are defaulting to the new template ("Subway"): How are you finding it?

You can switch to "prosilver" if you'd like to see how the rest of us are seeing the forums!

I've switched "prosilver" back to being the default, and I'm thinking of de-activating "Subway".
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia