Loco weight.

This forum is for suggestions and discussion about this site. What would you like to see?

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

John of Paris
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Loco weight.

Post by John of Paris »

I have noticed in some of the locomotive articles that the locomotive weight (full) given is in fact the total loco and tender weight. This is useless information and really should be corrected. I would be happy to help out with this if necessary.
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Yes the quoted loco weights are not consistent. This is mainly because most of them were written over a period of almost five years.

I have a new 'look' for the site in progress. When I implement this, every page will need some modifications to work with the new look. My plan is to standardise the technical details at the same time. Ie. the same details will be listed, and the weights and lengths will be quoted in a consistent manner. I will probably add more weight and length information, even though this will complicate some pages where a range of different tenders were used!

After that is complete, I then plan a review of the text although this will be over an extended period of time. The four-coupled and eight-coupled tank locos are particularly short of text.

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia