Problems with PMs

This forum is for suggestions and discussion about this site. What would you like to see?

Moderators: 52D, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard, Tom F

drmditch
GNR C1 4-4-2

Problems with PMs

Post by drmditch » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:31 pm

Sorry if this subject has been raised before.

There seems to be a malfunction on the 'Submit' button on the PM composition screen.
When I first used it it brought up the 'Preview' function. This confused me the first time, and I left the function and lost the message.
I then realised what had happened, rewrote the message, hit the 'Submit' button, and then from the 'Preview' screen hit the 'Submit' button.
This appeared to work.

I hope this is not just me, although I do lose patience with computer systems more easily these days.

JASd17
LNER P2 2-8-2

Re: Problems with PMs

Post by JASd17 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:56 pm

I did get the PM drmditch.

Reply on the way, hopefully.

John

richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:46 pm

This is the first i've heard of it, although it isn't an easy fix. Adding custom modifications to the code makes it a maintenance nightmare when there's a new version out.

The usual PM complaint is that new members can't post until they've posted 5 messages to the forums (the same as the moderation queue). We have a good reason for it, but often new members want to (legitimately) use PMs.
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia

JASd17
LNER P2 2-8-2

Post by JASd17 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:57 pm

Richard,

Neither of us count as 'new members'.

I do not know, as yet, whether my brief reply was picked-up.

John