Correcting an error?

This forum is for suggestions and discussion about this site. What would you like to see?

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

nutford
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Correcting an error?

Post by nutford »

Now let me say firstly what a god-send this site is, and how much superb information it contains. So I was very surprised when I came across what seems to be an error!

In the page on the G6 loco, https://www.lner.info/locos/G/g6.php , it states 'Withdrawals continued through the 1920s, with the last G6 withdrawn in 1929.' But in the page on the F8 loco, https://www.lner.info/locos/F/f8.php it states 'withdrawals of the F8s started in 1928 and finished in 1938. Both the younger G5s and the older G6s outlived the F8s.' Now I'm no mathematician but I sense a whiff of inconsistency here!

Is there a means to highlight such things so they can be corrected? I have no idea which is right, but it's probably just a typo...
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Correcting an error?

Post by richard »

Almost certainly is a typo - I'll investigate, thanks.
(or possibly confusion between LNER and pre-Grouping class designations)

Most people usually just email me their corrections - you can use the contact form on the website, or a link through the forums.

Early on most reported corrections were typos, but we're now about 50/50 on genuine errors (typos,etc) and other. For example, confusion between B17s and Thompson B2s has led to a sprinkling of incorrect 'error' reports.
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Fixed - thanks.

Yes it was badly worded. It was meant to say the G6s (which were superceded by F8s) and G5s (which superceded the F8s) had longer working lives than the F8s.
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
nutford
LNER Thompson L1 2-6-4T

Post by nutford »

richard wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:32 pm Most people usually just email me their corrections - you can use the contact form on the website, or a link through the forums.
Thought there had to be a way! Cheers.