Historical Pictures

This forum is for suggestions and discussion about this site. What would you like to see?

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Malcolm
GNR C1 4-4-2

Historical Pictures

Post by Malcolm »

How about a section for posting photos of interest (historical or otherwise)?
I seem to putting up a lot of pictures lately (sorry if it's getting irritating) to liven things up a bit, and it seems to be generating interest. The problem is I can never be sure if:
A). I'm putting them in the right section.
B). People are interested in them.
I realise that everyone is not as addicted as me to the research and historical side of things, but just a suggestion.

Malcolm
The world is seldom what we wish it to be, but wishes don't change it.
Paul B
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Re: Historical Pictures

Post by Paul B »

Malcolm wrote:How about a section for posting photos of interest (historical or otherwise)?
I seem to putting up a lot of pictures lately (sorry if it's getting irritating) to liven things up a bit, and it seems to be generating interest. The problem is I can never be sure if:
A). I'm putting them in the right section.
B). People are interested in them.
I realise that everyone is not as addicted as me to the research and historical side of things, but just a suggestion.

Malcolm
Personally, I say keep the pictures coming! Not only do I love looking at old railway pics (and have loads of books on the subject!) they are perfect for the model rail enthusiasts amongst us, to gve us ideas for layouts, details, amd stock to put on the layouts!

However, as for which section to put them in, I will have to leave that up to the site owner!
LNER fan in the home of the GWR!
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Historical Pictures

Post by richard »

Ah, good question!

One problem might be the overlap. Eg. should the photo be in Photos or Locomotives?

However, there already is an overlap as photos often have multiple subjects.
Remind me in January when things will be quieter. (48 hours ago I was in the Georgian Appalachians, and Christmas is less than 12 hours away local time)

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia