Classifieds and model scales

This forum is for suggestions and discussion about this site. What would you like to see?

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Paul B
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Classifieds and model scales

Post by Paul B »

Just a quick suggestion - although I don't know how to implement it, apart from adding to the 'please read before posting' post already on the classifieds board!

I am a ralway modeller, as well as a railway enthusiast, and I model in N gauge. Can anyone who is putting items in the classifieds section, either for sale or wants, or services offered or required please remember to put what scale they are - this will save is wondering and possibly firing PM's to the originator or posting unwated replies.

Hope this is a useful idea - if not, I will go back to being quiet! :D
LNER fan in the home of the GWR!
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Classifieds and model scales

Post by richard »

I thought it was in the "Please read before posting" - but I'll double check. We have the same problem with the modelling forum.

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
Paul B
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by Paul B »

Oops - just checked, and it does ask for the scale in the 'Please read...' section, so I must've missed that when I read it too! :oops:

However, I had seen a few classified entries where it was not too clear to me (a fairly new member) what scale was being advertised, so maybe it isn't only me who missed it when reading it!
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Yes, that is because I quickly added it! :-)

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
Paul B
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by Paul B »

Glad to know that I wasn't just hallucinating then - and I knew that I hadn't drunk that much wine during Christmas dinner! :D