New Topics

This forum is for suggestions and discussion about this site. What would you like to see?

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

New Topics

Post by richard »

There have recently been two requests for new topics: Photographs, and Tours.

My main concern is: Will there be enough traffic? There is no point in creating a new topic unless there are a lot of posts to it. The "LNER People" topic is an example of a relatively quiet topic. For long enough it was too quiet but it has improved in the past year.

I think the Photos topic should be "LNER Photographs" and be listed under LNER - ie. only LNER (+constituents and later users of routes/locos) will be on topic.

The Tours topic would be listed under General and cover all Tours. Will this have enough traffic? The site is intended for LNER subjects, so there has been interest of tours hauled by LNER locos, but is there enough interest for other tours? Making it LNER-only might be one option - this would suit people like Mark (silver fox), but will we get spill-over with posts and requests about other tours?

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
Bryan
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: New Topics

Post by Bryan »

Isn't tour info already covered in depth by other sites such as Steam Info?
Is it worth duplicating?
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

This is what I'm thinking - the site isn't about tours, but information about LNER-themed tours might be of interest?

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

The "LNER Photographs" topic has now been created.

I've just moved a lot (all?) of Malcolm's recent threads in to the new topic.

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia