Why no more alerts?

This forum is for suggestions and discussion about this site. What would you like to see?

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Ferrybridge Flyer
NER C7 4-4-2

Why no more alerts?

Post by Ferrybridge Flyer »

Why don't we get an e-mail telling us of a reply to a post anymore?Is this your choice,or is it my computer?Sorry-ignore this,i've just read why on "announcements".Sorry!
Bring back Ferrybridge station!
silver fox
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Re: Why no more alerts?

Post by silver fox »

it's really bugging me, I used to be on every day, now it's two weeks or so when I remember to pop on!
By Mark t
http://www.youtube.com/yorksteam
(I was here first, with the space!)
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Why no more alerts?

Post by richard »

Blame it on Microsoft. Their Hotmail service (or whatever it is called today) has been set to bounce emails from various sources including automated systems. In an attempt to block spam they're blocking almost all other automated systems. The only way to get around this is for the individual users of Hotmail to petition Microsoft to let email from lner.info to get through.

Also, I get all the bounced emails. I need to see bounced emails from lner.info so that I can keep track of things, but there were far too many coming through from hotmail. (there were also some coming from people who left "watches" in place but then left, their email expired, etc,etc).

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia