Problems with photos

This forum is for suggestions and discussion about this site. What would you like to see?

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

chaz harrison
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Problems with photos

Post by chaz harrison »

I am encountering problems adding photographs to "posts".
Have a look in Modelling, I posted a topic "Signalling". I tried to add a photo of some model signals, but with mixed and very odd results. What am I doing wrong?

Chaz
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Problems with photos

Post by richard »

I replied to the thread with the second broken image.

It looks like you're the only person with the problem, which makes me suspect the software you are using.

I would also try smaller images (pixels andfile size). Also see if your software has different JPEG settings - eg. "Progressive JPEG or not". Try some of those options.

Other image formats should work, but JPEGs are best for photos and help with my disk bandwidth limits (they can take a lot less space than GIFs and PNGs).

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
Bill Bedford
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Bill Bedford »

chaz harrison wrote:I am encountering problems adding photographs to "posts".
Have a look in Modelling, I posted a topic "Signalling". I tried to add a photo of some model signals, but with mixed and very odd results. What am I doing wrong?

Chaz
It is probably your connection, only part of the file is being uploaded. The only answer is to keep deleting the file and up loading it until it works.
chaz harrison
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by chaz harrison »

Bill,

Thanks for that. Will do.

Chaz