New section

This forum is for suggestions and discussion about this site. What would you like to see?

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: New section

Post by richard »

I've gone for the renaming option. LNER Locomotives is now LNER Locomotives and Rolling Stock.

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

Congrats to newly renamed section it will take some filling.
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
James Brodie
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by James Brodie »

what does IMTS mean please?
JB
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

In what context? I don't see it in this thread?

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
52A
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Post by 52A »

65447 wrote:
richard wrote:Welcome to the forums. I will think about your suggestion. I am wary about having too many topics. Also most rolling stock discussions involve modelling - ie. they're already covered by the Modelling topic.

Richard
Trying to get the thread back on topic...

Whilst most discussions might indeed involve modelling not all of necessity should. Surely there is scope for a separate area where the students of history and seekers of truth are not compromised by the 'IMTS' brigade?
Yer tis, I wondered about that as well!
James Brodie
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by James Brodie »

Dear Richard-re ITMS or whatever it was, it was mentioned by 65547 on Mon May 10th at 8-12PM hence my queery
JB
sorry IMTS-we will be soon getting onto initials like TTFN or NWWWSBE a la Tommy Handley (ITMA).
I remember it well.
Bill Bedford
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by Bill Bedford »

IMTS == 'It's My Train Set'
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 65447 »

It's the excuse used by some to get others to delve into their collection of books, magazines, knowledge acquired the hard way over many years of proper research and then, by way of ingratitude, to ignore the results on the basis that reality doesn't accord with their selfish worldview. As you can image, those who try their best to provide factual replies can get somewhat p'd off by that attitude and consequently deterred from responding to future requests for information.

E.g. diagram-86-7-lner-general-milk-van-p24268.html#p24268
Last edited by 65447 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wavey
LNER J39 0-6-0

Post by Wavey »

I would like to see a rolling stock section. Being actively involved in the restoration of LNER carriages this forum is a good place to ask questions and seek advice. From some of the posts I have read I get the impression that there are former railway employees registered on here who may not neccessarily be railway enthusiasts and therefore not on any of the various 'heritage' forums. This might include people who worked on or regularly travelled on LNER stock and may have invaluable knowledge to impart.
Bryan
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by Bryan »

Wavey wrote:I would like to see a rolling stock section. Being actively involved in the restoration of LNER carriages this forum is a good place to ask questions and seek advice. From some of the posts I have read I get the impression that there are former railway employees registered on here who may not neccessarily be railway enthusiasts and therefore not on any of the various 'heritage' forums. This might include people who worked on or regularly travelled on LNER stock and may have invaluable knowledge to impart.
I would like to echo Waveys comments.
Especially as I too am involved in work on rolling stock and not too bothered about the ins and out of locos.