Loco and Rolling Stock forum

This forum is for suggestions and discussion about this site. What would you like to see?

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Blink Bonny
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Loco and Rolling Stock forum

Post by Blink Bonny »

Ay up!

Its a funny thing, this railway lark. We all get our kicks from different areas. I once met a couple of chaps at Kirkstall Junction from whom, had I been able to keep my eyes open long enough, I could have learned the identifying features of rail rolled at various plants and the different types of Pandrol clip used...... YAWWWWWWWWN!! :oops:

Sorry all.

However, there are those who believe locos to be horizontal boilers on wheels and those who think stock is just there to give the loco something to do.

Why not split these forums (fora?)? I daresay the coach and wagon enthusiasts must get bored of sifting through all the loco discussions going on!
If I ain't here, I'm in Bilston, scoffing decent chips at last!!!!
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Loco and Rolling Stock forum

Post by richard »

Settling in at the new location - internet is back up, and the railway room resembles the Boedecker raid on York although hopefully with no wrecked locos!

Back to the question: I'm very mindful of having too many forums. Already, people miss those further down (eg. this one) or simply post on the top one ("News"). Although I'm not against adding new forums, I'm generally reluctant to do so.

Locomotives and Rolling Stock covers things with wheels that run on track. There have been requests for one for Coaches in the past, and no doubt if I split into three, then non-revenue earning would be next...

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
Blink Bonny
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Loco and Rolling Stock forum

Post by Blink Bonny »

Ay up!

Fair do's. Just a thought.
If I ain't here, I'm in Bilston, scoffing decent chips at last!!!!