Presentation of threads

This forum is for suggestions and discussion about this site. What would you like to see?

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Pyewipe Junction
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Presentation of threads

Post by Pyewipe Junction »

I'd like to suggest that threads be presented in reverse date order (latest post first).

This would avoid the need to page down to see the latest post in ongoing threads.

Of course, you'd then have to page down to see the orginal post, but my experience with other chat groups is that reverse date order works best for me.
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Thanks for the suggestion, but this is more difficult than you might imagine; and I disagree about ease of use. :?

The standard phpBB forum software doesn't have this option. Most of the forums online appear to be based on the phpBB software - hence the common place spam attacks we had earlier until I came up with a cunning & unique solution.

Some things (eg. Newsgroups) I do read "first at the top" but even then, each thread is ordered, so the seed post is first and the replies below it. I don't think I've seen anything that really is truly reverse all the way through by default.

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
karlrestall
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Post by karlrestall »

I personally agree with Richard. As it is you can read the original pose first then scroll down to see the replies or it you have previously looked at the thread you can then just go to the page that you were last at to see posts from then on.

Just my 2 Cents

Regards

Karl
NYMR Guard