Jazz trains

This forum is for suggestions and discussion about this site. What would you like to see?

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

CVR1865
GNR C1 4-4-2

Jazz trains

Post by CVR1865 »

Richard

I have recently recieved a number of articles from the GERS on the jazz service from Liverpool Street. I 'm sure you are aware of what they achieved for so little money. I thought this may be an interesting basis for one of the articles.

Simon
don't forget about the Great Eastern Railway
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

It would! On at least one other thread, I've described my thoughts regarding the J69s.

Do you think the articles would be a suitable basis, or would be publishable as-is? (with permission from the GERS of course)

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
CVR1865
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by CVR1865 »

Well one of them is very long being a re print of 'The Railway Gazette' article from 1920 and the other is specially written by/for the GERS. Perhaps a careful edit of the GERS one would be best. It is Great Eastern Railway Society journal special No. 3. All Stations to Liverpool Street.

Simon
don't forget about the Great Eastern Railway
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 65447 »

richard wrote:It would! On at least one other thread, I've described my thoughts regarding the J69s.

Do you think the articles would be a suitable basis, or would be publishable as-is? (with permission from the GERS of course)

Richard
I'm glad you mention 'with permission from the GERS'. The following is an extract from the GERS Sales List:

"For your part, you are welcome to print anything out for your personal use but we ask you not to act as a centre to supply all your friends. (Encourage them to get their own copy. Should a friend without a PC wish for a print-out the Sales Officer will gladly quote for this.) Otherwise you are simply not being fair to the rest of the Society’s members. We trust that you respect that"

Whilst this is a note to the items available in electronic format the principle is clear and, as a subscribing member of the GERS, I would be bound to draw attention to any breach of copyright.

Sorry to sound 'heavy' (especially on just my second and possibly my last post) but purchasing a copy does not convey the right to re-publish, and editing a work can compromise its integrity.

If anyone is interested the cost of obtaining copies direct from the GERS is by no means extortionate. (Certain publications are, for copyright reasons, only available to members of the GERS).