Rules for Classifieds

This forum is for suggestions and discussion about this site. What would you like to see?

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Rules for Classifieds

Post by richard »

I am considering adding a new rule to Classifieds so that a user has to post 5 posts to the other forums first before being allowed to post in "Classifieds".

I think the "Classifieds" forum can provide a valuable service to members, but by adding this restriction we should be able to help avoid too many commercial and/or fly-by posters.

I understand some forums have similar but much higher requirements. I have chosen 5 because this is also the number of posts that are moderated.
The moderators will have any such postings in Classifieds automatically flagged, and we can easily deny them. If we went for 10, say, then we'd have to check how many posts were posted, etc,etc. 5 will save a lot of time in the long term!

Thoughts?
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Rules for Classifieds

Post by mick b »

Agree as a minimum number of posts
60129 GUY MANNERING
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by 60129 GUY MANNERING »

Well said Richard.
I quite agree after the Bachmann Limited Edition A4's advert. Very cheeky in my opinion.
2002EarlMarischal
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by 2002EarlMarischal »

Seems entirely reasonable that a minimum number of posts should be made, and 5 should be enough to ensure only genuine members qualify.

Good idea!

Best regards,

Jim
PinzaC55
LNER A3 4-6-2

Post by PinzaC55 »

It's a good idea but the problem is that people may simply make spurious uninteresting posts to qualify? Mind you, I am a poster on the computer forum overclock.net and there you need to amass 35 "reputation" (thumbs up from other members) before you can sell items. Of course if you simply got a friend to make a fake account they could thumb up every post you made!
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

60129: I believe it has come up before, but my post was prompted by an off-list moderator conversation re. Bachmann post. Technically he hasn't broken any rules - hence my mild warning.
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

Pinzac: it is a very grey line, but those five posts are already moderated, so we can easily clear out "me too" posts.
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia