LNER class Y7

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Aussiesteamer
NER Y7 0-4-0T

LNER class Y7

Post by Aussiesteamer »

Hello everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone would know where I could get my hands on some class Y7 blueprints? or if anyone would happen to have any scanned and could send them to me that'd be greatly useful. I'm hoping to do a 5" gauge steam model of the Y7 thus the need for the blueprints.
thanks in advance,
Kaleb
notascoobie
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Re: LNER class Y7

Post by notascoobie »

Hi Caleb, can't help with the blueprints but if you're not fixed on the Y7 there's a flying start with a 5" Gauge F4 from Doug Hewson models:

http://the-hewsons.webs.com/CAT14b%202014%20PDF.pdf

Regards, Vernon
Aussiesteamer
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Aussiesteamer »

Thanks Vernon,
It's not as though I'v got my heart set on the Y7 it's just as my first scratch build I want something small and simplistic so the Y7 as a small 2-cylinder fit's nicely as my first build. The f4 is actually apart of my long list of locomotives I hope to one day make a scale model of. But that does help a lot for when that project comes by.
Thanks again,
Kaleb
37b
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by 37b »

Don't know if this is any use to you, but Engineering in Miniature magazine has been doing a series by Doug Hewson building a 5" Y4.