B17 Sandringham Class Photographs

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

West_Stanley
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Re: B17 Sandringham Class Photographs

Post by West_Stanley »

I always assumed that the colours were enameled onto the brass, not merely painted I also assumed that any plaque with stripes had the stripes embossed. I'm absolutely astounded that some plaques weren't in the club colours, like this one: http://i1.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/i ... _image.jpg

Less surprising is the news that the Newcastle United plaque was removed from the locomotive after only a few weeks. Being a club that's been badly run for many decades, I assume that the football club demanded a payment from the railway company for the use of their name. The LNER would have refused and removed the nameplate
West_Stanley
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by West_Stanley »

Although you can't fully see it, I can tell you that above plaque (found via the link) is the Manchester City nameplate
Resmoroh
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Resmoroh »

I have learned today that the "West Ham United" name-plate, which was in the West Ham trophy cabinet at the Boleyn Ground is not to be taken to the new ground at the Olympic Stadium but is to be sold off. How/why/where/when I do not know. I merely give you this as information.
HTH
Resmoroh
Meteorology is a science. Good meteorology is an art.
Resmoroh
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by Resmoroh »

Hello All,
In my last I indicated that the "West Ham United" name-plate was to be auctioned off, but I did not know the details. For those who might be interested the details of the auctions, etc, are at http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36239623. If anyone bids/gets that plate then let us know that it has gone to a good home!
HTH
Resmoroh
Meteorology is a science. Good meteorology is an art.