Wisbech Tramway/Titfield Thunderbolt Coach

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Richard Jones
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Wisbech Tramway/Titfield Thunderbolt Coach

Post by Richard Jones »

Hi,

New registered user of this site - Apologies first - I am a Southern modeller, but am currently building a D&S kit for the Wisbech Tramway bogie coach (No. 8 ?) for a friend who wants it to represent the condition when filming The Titfield Thunderbolt.

As far as I can see from "freeze frame" there doesn't appear to be a brake handle on the balcony ends or the little drawbridge like gangway to pass to adjacent vehicles, which are included in the kit - can anyone confirm that were either not appropriate to this vehicle, or had been removed by this date? (Presumably the centre gate would also have been sealed up as well?)

Any other observations as to details that would be visible on a model would be appreciated.

Many thanks for any help anyone can offer

Best wishes

Richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Wisbech Tramway/Titfield Thunderbolt Coach

Post by 65447 »

If your friend wants it as seen in the 'Titfield Thunderbolt' then go by what can be deduced from the film, all else in this case is not 'reality'.

The restoration was not documented and of course, for perverse reasons, the coach never made it to the railway museum as intended.
60022Mallard
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by 60022Mallard »

Sending you a copy of a photograph by private message showing No 8 as I believe it was restored at Stratford.
Pre-Grouping Rail
GER J70 0-6-0T Tram

Post by Pre-Grouping Rail »

D and S models produce a kit for the coach 7mm not sure about 4mm. unfortunately it comes as a pair with one of the pair with one of the 4 wheel W&UT coaches.

Marc