Stockton Darlington 100 years video

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

mick b
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Stockton Darlington 100 years video

Post by mick b »

Excellent video including many LNER and pre grouping Loco types.

http://player.bfi.org.uk/film/watch-the ... nary-1925/
drmditch

Re: Stockton Darlington 100 years video

Post by drmditch »

Thank you for the link.
Full of interest.
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

"LIKE" very good and did i spot HNG himself, although i missed a 52D man driving i think the K3 ( A little research i have been doing records the driver in question had the most seniorority amongst ex NER men and was due to retire soon after).
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
GNSR D40 4-4-0

Post by 2392 »

Yes indeed a most interesting little feature. That has shown just how much has changed over the last 100 years.
drmditch

Post by drmditch »

It does explain HNG's (family) nickname of 'Tiny Tim'. Most of the photographs one sees of him are either seated portraits or in company with shorter rounder people like Thom!

Not sure I liked all the cloche hats, but it was interesting to see Queen Elizabeth in her earlier years.

I must watch it again to see if I can recognise other personalities - and locomotives of course!
Pebbles
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by Pebbles »

Some years ago at a car boot sale in Carshalton I picked up a book entitled "The Railway Centenary " published by John Harrison 1925.
manna
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by manna »

G'day Gents

'Only' 9 years to go to 200 years, what's on for that one I wonder ???????? :roll:

manna
EDGWARE GN, Steam in the Suburbs.