West Riding Pullman Coach types, names and/or numbers

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Graeme Leary
GNR C1 4-4-2

Re: West Riding Pullman Coach types, names and/or numbers

Post by Graeme Leary »

With Christmas just around the corner I would like to thank everyone of you (11 in fact) who have posted replies to my original query more than a year earlier on this topic - there were 23 in all to that and subsequent queries (plus a related posting I put on Pullman Coach Bogies in the 'Model Railways' section - a further 3 or 4 replies). I also had some valuable and expert help from the Pullman Society when I chanced upon their website which I'm sure you're all aware of how helpful they are regarding any aspect of Pullmans and their operation.

I'm happy to say the last car I need (a 12 wheel Brake) to finally portray what occasioned all my questioning is somewhere up in the air between Classic Rail in Ticehurst, East Sussex and New Zealand and once received, new transfers (Cambria) applied I will have a factual replica of the WRP as (according to the Pullman Society) worked in June 1928.

So, thanks again for your patience to my (usually) prolix queries and responses.

Will no doubt hassle you in 2018 and in the meantime have a very Merry Christmas.

Graeme
New Zealand