Wisbech

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Tank_Ed
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Wisbech

Post by Tank_Ed »

Greetings one and all,
First, great to find a forum dedicated to the LNER. My main interest is in both tanks and 0-6-0 tenders, and found this forum seeking information on both aforementioned types in use with LNER, and its constituent companies, right up to the end of steam.
I used to live in the Fens, first Wisbech, then Ely, and saw on one of the pages on LNER.info that one engine of a type i don't remember was allocated to Wisbech, and i can't find it again. My interest in tanks and 0-6-0 tenders spans all eras, so it might be a bit of a broad question, but does anyone know about engines allocated to Wisbech? It'd be interesting to know. I'm not expecting a comprehensive list, so any information imparted will be gratefully recieved.
PaulG
NER J27 0-6-0

Re: Wisbech

Post by PaulG »

Ed

In February 1950 Kings Lynn had sub sheds at Hunstanton and Wisbech East. By October 1954 Wisbech East, formerly a sub shed to Kings Lynn was a sub shed to March.

See John Shelly web site http://www.stciers.me.uk/home/sheds/index_sheds.html for loco allocations

Regards
Paul
Sheringham