information required on LNER brake van interiors

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Nova
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

information required on LNER brake van interiors

Post by Nova »

this is relating to the dapol kit I bought a while back, I haven't begun construction yet, nor will I for another few months, however I would like to go as far as my skills will allow in detailing the interior, turn the inside into a little diorama perhaps.

During my time with a Preservation society I've been in a BR standard brake van a few times so if the general internal layout in a Toad-D is the same then I shouldn't have too much trouble in that regard, however, I'm unsure what colour the LNER painted the interior of their standard brake vans, so if any of you have any information about the interior colours, even if it's just telling me what equivalent modeling paint to use, it would be greatly appreciated.
Coalby and Marblethorpe, my vision of an un-nationalised Great Britain in the 50s and 60s: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11905

36C Studeos, kits in 4MM scale: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11947
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: information required on LNER brake van interiors

Post by 65447 »

I believe that the interior was painted the same light stone as the passenger brake vans, with the hearth, backplates and stove, and brake standard and other items of hardware black.