60's Black and White

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

hunslet
GNR J52 0-6-0T

60's Black and White

Post by hunslet »

hello all
Visit the following
http://jaspersrailphotographs.fotopic.net/c1414479.html
Some interesting shots from a personal collection(i don't recall having seen any published before).
No locations given,alhough some are obvious many are not,(to me at least!)
Perhaps you know better.
Cheers...........Hunslet
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 52D »

Hi,
Just visited jaspers site quite a few errors but nice overall. Not sure if a WD was carrying a 77xxx or not.Pity about lack of captions as well.
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
Pyewipe Junction
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by Pyewipe Junction »

I really like this site - mainly for the steam photos of course.

The photos remind me of the ones I would have taken if I'd had the foresight to do so when I was 'spotting in the late 50s and early 60s - blurring, poor lighting etc But what they do have in spades is ATMOSPHERE. The ones taken during shed visits make me feel like I was actually there with the other 'spotters running around.

Not sure what the 'errors' are and the lack of captions didn't detract from my enjoyment.
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Errors

Post by 52D »

Some shots are numbered incorrectly and it would be nice for a small description to be included
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
YNMR
NER J27 0-6-0

Post by YNMR »

WDs were numbered in the 77xxxx before they were 90xxx.