Pullman coaches drawings

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Graeme Leary
GNR C1 4-4-2

Pullman coaches drawings

Post by Graeme Leary »

Is there an equivalent book to 'Historic Carriage Drawings in 4mm Scale'(by David Jenkinson and Nick Campling for Pullman coaches particularly as in operation in the Grouping era?
Alternatively I'd be grateful if someone could advise if there were any major and/or obvious differences in the exterior appearance of 'Parlour' and 'Kitchen' cars.
Graeme Leary
teaky
NBR D34 4-4-0 'Glen'

Re: Pullman coaches drawings

Post by teaky »

Kitchen cars have a kitchen and, therefore, the window layout is different.

A quick look at the Hornby website should make it clear: http://www.hornby.com/uk-en/catalogsear ... ?q=pullman

I am not aware of a dedicated drawings book but Antony Ford's series of Pullman books contain plenty of drawings as well as almost all the detail you're likely to need.
Graeme Leary
GNR C1 4-4-2

Re: Pullman coaches drawings

Post by Graeme Leary »

Thanks Teaky - your reference to Hornby's website plus info from Messrs Banks and Carter's book have, I think, finally got my thoughts together for what I'm portraying as West Riding Pullman.
Graeme