B7 Identification.

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

LNER N2 0-6-2T

B7 Identification.

Post by 2502 »

Good day all,I am trying to identify the site and date of attached photo.It appears to be a B7/1,in G.C.R. days,probably on the East coast for a Brewery day at the seaside.The signals would seem to be G.N.R. I am thinking 1922-39,Skegness,Mablethorpe,orBoston on the way home. any help or suggestions will be most welcome,
Ron.
shipstones train.jpg
Tony west
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Re: B7 Identification.

Post by Tony west »

No idea of date except to say immediate pre/ post grouping judging by the loco. As to location......New Basford station on the GC just north of Nott Vic !. The train is southbound. Just behind the front of the loco you can just make out the brick built recess that the signal box sat in and just visible is the roof and end wall of the lamp hut. The up starter and its replacement is very distinctive , indeed the replacement post features in books such as Ken Graingers 'Forward to Nottingham Victoria'.
Hope this helps !!.
Cheers Tony.
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Re: B7 Identification.

Post by 2502 »

Many thanks,nearer to home than I thought,
Ron.