GCR 12am LNER E8

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Richard i
LNER J94 0-6-0ST Austerity

GCR 12am LNER E8

Post by Richard i »

I would like to build one of these little tank locos but cannot find a scale drawing of one, does anyone know where one is? I like them in the condition that the LNER took them over though obviously it would have to be in GCR livery. Did they work anywhere outside the london suburbs?
The models viability/ speed of building really hinges on the distance between the wheel sets because i was thinking i might use a model of a GWR 0-4-2 as a starting point for the chassis.
Many thanks
Richard
Kestrel
NER C7 4-4-2

Re: GCR 12am LNER E8

Post by Kestrel »

Hi

Have you had a look at this?

https://www.lner.info/locos/E/e8.php
Richard i

Post by Richard i »

Thank you for looking. I had looked at this, but apart from wheels and total wheelbase there are no other dimensions. I find it more difficult to scale from round objects . I find if I have several dimensions to scale a photo off it makes my life easier and the scaling more accurate.
I am assured there is a line drawing in the model railway news for march 65 but none are coming up on e bay. I shall continue my search.
Richard
Danby Wiske
GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'

Post by Danby Wiske »

RCTS Locomotives of the LNER vol. 7 gives wheelbase as 7' 3" + 7' 9" = 15' 0" if that's any help...
Richard i

Post by Richard i »

Thank you, for all the help, i have been sent a drawing so i can begin the scratch building now.