This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
- GER D14 4-4-0 'Claud Hamilton'
- Posts: 375
- Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:48 pm
- Location: Earsdon Grange signal box
Does anybody have a picture of the “PROPERTY OF LNER” plates affixed to the sole bars of some of the 1938 tube stock running on the IOW.
- LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'
- Posts: 3247
- Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:11 pm
- Location: Wichita Falls, Texas
My understanding is that these plates were all removed during a refurbishment - from memory it might have been in the 1960s?