LNER Passenger Trains Vol. 2

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

williewhizz
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Re: LNER Passenger Trains Vol. 2

Post by williewhizz »

I have spoken-up in support of Banks & Carter before now ... but frankly if this latest report of a delay is correct, it is getting ridiculous.

To (slightly) mis-quote the Duke of Wellington: it is high time to "Publish and be Damned!"
Trestrol
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by Trestrol »

Sorry to bump an old thread but has anybody now when this will be published? It has now disappeared from the publishers website. I had the page saved to keep an eye on the publishing date. It’s now totally disappeared.
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

No. Only the authors and publisher would have a chance of an idea and they're not commenting. I had heard that Clive Carter's wife was ill and that was (quite justifiably) causing the delay, but I bumped into Steve Banks at Warley and I didn't think he looked well either. It's unfortunate, but if those are the circumstances, well, some things are more important.
Trestrol

Post by Trestrol »

To true.
LNER N2 0-6-2T

Post by 60048 »

Just to update this thread, I have had word from the publishers, that the book remains in compilation, but there is no date for publication at present, hence why it has been removed from the website.

Rich
Rich

Interested in all LNER (the original, not modern one!) pre-grouping, pre-Nationalisation and under BR)
Trestrol

Post by Trestrol »

How long does it take to publish a book? Is this 2 years plus overdue. Anybody got any updates.
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by 65447 »

Today Crecy confirmed that the manuscript has not even been submitted to the publishers yet.