NER P7 20T hoppers

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

earlswood nob
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

NER P7 20T hoppers

Post by earlswood nob »

Good morning all from a damp Surrey,

I suspect, like many other modellers, that there are many building rakes of ex-NER P7 20T hoppers being built.

I have a rake under construction in instalments, as it’s soul destroying bending and fitting the handrails.

I am looking for a little variety in the models. Tatlow shows several with end brake levers, and mentions that these were for the Central Division (ex-S&D).

I am wondering if these end brake examples found their way into trains of side brake hoppers, or were they kept to trains of wholly end braked hoppers?

Malcolm (aka Earlswood Nob, a signal box that perished with the widening of the main line)
majormagna
H&BR Q10 0-8-0

Re: NER P7 20T hoppers

Post by majormagna »

I suspect that as time went on, especially post 1900, the different types of P7 wagons would appear in more and more mixed rakes. Though I suppose that the majority of end-braked wagons stayed on the Central Division, while the side-braked versions would probably have sread with equal number everywhere.
Moors Bound