trains and rolling stock of the now disused line between Honnington and Lincoln

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Pastabake
NER Y7 0-4-0T

trains and rolling stock of the now disused line between Honnington and Lincoln

Post by Pastabake »

Good afternoon
My name is Stephen and I have just joined this forum. I am new to model railway's and I have decided to build a line between a village called Ledenham and Navenby in North Kesteven Lincolnshire. I would like to know if anyone has any ideas what trains and rolling stock ran on this line in the 1930s and 1940s? I do understand that ammunition and bombs were transported during WW2 to RAF Digby also stone and bricks from the respective quarry's. If anyone can give me the information I require I will be very grateful. As I say I am very new to railway modelling but I would like to get the whole thing as true as possible to the real thing. I wish you all well in your endeavours.
regards
Stephen
john coffin
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Re: trains and rolling stock of the now disused line between Honnington and Lincoln

Post by john coffin »

Greetings and welcome to the forum.

Can I suggest that first you try and find a copy of a book called Lincoln to Grantham via Honnington from the Oakwood press
range. Whilst it is quite old, it is still a valuable thing for your collection.
It is however quite expensive on Amazon, at around £22.00 from what I have seen tonight.

Like all Oakwood books, they include many really useful details.

Paul