Highfield Models N Gauge Bogie Luggage Van - Prototype?

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

icairns
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Highfield Models N Gauge Bogie Luggage Van - Prototype?

Post by icairns »

I have an N gauge model manufactured by Highfield Models (Peter Middleton) back in the late 1960s / early 1970s. These models had colour sides that were mounted on a body made of card.

The catalogue description of this model is CB.2 BR Bogie Luggage Van.

The model's running number is E6775E and it is labeled "Pigeon" under the running number.

I believe that this was originally a LNER full brake but I do not have any further information about the prototype.

1) I am trying to identify the prototype of this item of rolling stock (description, diagram number or any other information) and links to any prototype photos during BR days.

2) As can be seen, the model has corridor connections. Did the prototype have these connections or was it a non-corridor vehicle?

Any information regarding the prototype (or the model) would be very much appreciated.

Ian
Attachments
CB.2 BR Bogie Luggage van
CB.2 BR Bogie Luggage van
Hatfield Shed
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: Highfield Models N Gauge Bogie Luggage Van - Prototype?

Post by Hatfield Shed »

Since it doesn't have the coved roof ends of gangwayed vehicles, and is too short for a 61' frame BG; best to remove the gangways, to more closely represent a 51' frame BG without gangways.