LNER Locomotive Drawings

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

swhite01
NER J27 0-6-0

Re: LNER Locomotive Drawings

Post by swhite01 »

I am hoping the following link will send you to the NRM York listing of Doncaster locomotive drawings.
The list contains piece part, assembly and General Arrangement (GA) drawings held by the NRM. It is a pdf list but a quick search using B1 as the search requirement listed over 1500 hits.... on looking this includes other classes B10, B11 etc so I will take some time to go through the listing but should give you a good idea of prime sources. Section P and Q generally include locomotive GAs. Section R covers Tenders.
I hope the link works ... if not a search on the NRM website looking at Catalogues.

https://www.railwaymuseum.org.uk/sites/ ... 202020.pdf

Steve
www.gnrsociety.com
MikeF
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by MikeF »

Saint Johnstoun wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:52 pm What detail do you require and if modelling what scale do you want to do so?B1.doc
Hi, and thank you for the reply.

My plan is to build a 10 1/4 scale (i beleive this works out to approx 1:5.3) running loco.
MikeF
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Post by MikeF »

swhite01 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:56 pm I am hoping the following link will send you to the NRM York listing of Doncaster locomotive drawings.
The list contains piece part, assembly and General Arrangement (GA) drawings held by the NRM. It is a pdf list but a quick search using B1 as the search requirement listed over 1500 hits.... on looking this includes other classes B10, B11 etc so I will take some time to go through the listing but should give you a good idea of prime sources. Section P and Q generally include locomotive GAs. Section R covers Tenders.
I hope the link works ... if not a search on the NRM website looking at Catalogues.

https://www.railwaymuseum.org.uk/sites/ ... 202020.pdf

Steve
www.gnrsociety.com
Wow thanks so much! this is a gold mine of infomation but it is a little overwheliming!