LNER Gunpowder Van label

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

NER Y7 0-4-0T

LNER Gunpowder Van label

Post by 4608 »

This LNER Gunpowder Van label was brought to my attention. The accreditation is as follows: "First published by the Muzzle Loaders Association of Great Britain in 'Black Powder' magazine, Autumn 2023. From the collection of Paul Wolpe". The label measures 9.8 inches by 6 inches.

Given that Rapido have introduced an appropriate van I hope that this will be of use.
Attachments
LNER Gunpowder Van Label3.jpg
Hatfield Shed
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Re: LNER Gunpowder Van label

Post by Hatfield Shed »

An interesting piece, thanks for posting. Do we suppose this would have been a standardised label in terms of content, what with the need for wagons to cross company boundaries, and the importance of its message ?
jwealleans
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by jwealleans »

I' not speaking with any knowledge here, but surely this kind of thing is the entire raison d'etre of the RCH, so they are standard across all companies to help goods staff, guards and shunters do their jobs?
drmditch

Post by drmditch »

This is discussed on pages 65/66 of Peter Tatlow's 'The L&NER Delivers the Goods' - Volume 1.
Page 65 has a black and white reproduction, but the rear cover has a colour version, very much like the picture posted above.