Advice Please

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Rob_In_Retirement
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Advice Please

Post by Rob_In_Retirement »

Good morning.

I am a fairly experienced modeller, but not usually LNER (sorry to say) my retirement layout is that of a heritage railway (I have 3 within 45 min' of where I live just North of Derby) this is so that I can run most things. Anyway to cut a long story short I have been gifted as a retirement present of a High Level Kits Y5 loco' complete with a motor, all OK, but where do I find the correct wheels?

I have looked at both Alan Gibson and Markits, my usual go-to wheel sources; I'm sure the correct wheels are there but I can't identify them, confused.com was no use either ;) .

Any help or advice will be deeply appreciated, as I don't want to mess this gift up.

Rob
UpDistant
NBR J36 0-6-0

Re: Advice Please

Post by UpDistant »

The prototype had 3'8" diameter wheels with 10 spokes, crankpin between spokes.

The nearest Gibson equivalent is (Cat No) G4844I (I not 1) - nominally for the SECR P class. The only fly in the ointment might be the crankpin throw - North British was typically 10", the P class is 8".

HTH