It's on the Move, but to where?

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

silver fox
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

It's on the Move, but to where?

Post by silver fox »

I was on my way home, from work at Tockwith near Wetherby, to home in Clifton, and I take in the York Ring road from Junctions 56A to 59B well not that glamourous, just the A59 to the A19, and as I was coming over th hill of the River and Railway, I could see flashing Yellow lights over the A19 roundabout, On going round this was sat on the other side, so a quick round turn in to the traffic, and in to the first layby, quick jump out take a picture, back in, and chasing it to the next roundabout to get back round and home.
I did get 4 more photos as I went after it!

But where is it headed? We know it's off to Shildon, but people were giving me rocks on the NYMR forum as I thought it would be at the NRM first, and on a Friday in rush hour, surly the quickest way would be straight round the A64 and up the A1, unless it was tackling the A59, but wouldn't think so!
I'll find out tomorrow when I call in before shooting over to Whitby to see Sir Nigel
Last edited by silver fox on Sat May 03, 2008 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Mark t
http://www.youtube.com/yorksteam
(I was here first, with the space!)
silver fox
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by silver fox »

In answer to my post, the Tender arrived in Shildon at 3PM

Both bits should be on display tomorrow!

Sorry, I'm keeping the big version of the best one, but if you want a copy, just ask!
By Mark t
52D
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Engines on the road

Post by 52D »

Off Piste slightly a certain blue engine (sans face) was heading south on the M1 yesterday through Nottinghamshire. Can anyone give what its original id was.
Hi interested in the area served by 52D. also researching colliery wagonways from same area.
silver fox
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by silver fox »

By Mark t
Bullhead
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by Bullhead »

Isn't it an offence to use a camera/phone whilst driving?
So - did anyone dare tell Stephenson, "It's not Rocket science"?
hq1hitchin
LNER V2 2-6-2 'Green Arrow'

Post by hq1hitchin »

Sorry Bullhead, you got it wrong mate, that seems only to apply to TRAIN drivers (and a good chance of them being taken off for that), judging by the number of chancers I see using them on the road. Mind you, not so long ago drunk driving was fairly acceptable, too lol
A topper is proper if the train's a non-stopper!
Bullhead

Post by Bullhead »

For a car driver, my understanding is you're looking at 3 penalty points and a £60 fine for a first offence: see http://www.thinkroadsafety.gov.uk/campa ... phones.htm. For commercial vehicles the penalties are commensurately higher. Though I have to agree, many road users seem content to disregard this legislation. I mean, accidents happen to other people, right?
silver fox
GCR O4 2-8-0 'ROD'

Post by silver fox »

Did I say I was driving?

Have you nothing else useful to say, and anyway I was barly moving, I can control a clutch and brake, don't need to use my feet to stear, and in anycase, my Godmother on has one real hand.
Does the fact I have one hand on thw wheel, and the other on the camera on top of the wheel not help, and as I wasn't moving when I took the photos!
If you have nothing to say then shut up, I would post photos of Sir Nigel at Whitby for the first time ever and the first of only two trips ever, but you'd only criticise them!

(Just jellous I was there at that split second when I didn't know when it was moving, as someone on the NYMR forum said it was to be the 14th!)
By Mark t
Bullhead

Post by Bullhead »

silver fox wrote:Did I say I was driving?

Have you nothing else useful to say, and anyway I was barly moving, I can control a clutch and brake, don't need to use my feet to stear, and in anycase, my Godmother on has one real hand.
Does the fact I have one hand on thw wheel, and the other on the camera on top of the wheel not help, and as I wasn't moving when I took the photos!
If you have nothing to say then shut up, I would post photos of Sir Nigel at Whitby for the first time ever and the first of only two trips ever, but you'd only criticise them!

(Just jellous I was there at that split second when I didn't know when it was moving, as someone on the NYMR forum said it was to be the 14th!)
And that, m'Lord, concludes the case for the defence.