Class D35 livery and numbers for 5" gauge loco?

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

Delta 65
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Class D35 livery and numbers for 5" gauge loco?

Post by Delta 65 »

I have a 5" gauge model of a class D35 4-4-0 loco in original NBR green. It needs a repaint and I was wondering about my options.

My question is this: could anyone let me know what livery these engines would have sported when they went into LNER ownership? They didn't last long so it's possible they never were repainted.

Also, only seven of the original twenty four locos made it to LNER. Does anyone know which numbers they were?

Thanks chaps!
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by 45609 »

Hi Delta,

I have just looked up the info for you in part 4 of the RCTS green book. The relevant info is transcribed below...

The D35 which came into the L.N.E.R. had been transferred to the N.B. duplicate list in 1921 as follows:-

When the special scheme for renumbering the N.B. duplicate list engines was drawn up by Cowlairs in 1924, Nos. 1439/48 were allotted Nos. 9997/8, but these were never carried. Indeed, all the D35's were withdrawn in N.B.R. livery and numbering, none being altered by the straightforward L.N.E.R. addition of 9000 either.

I guess that means for authenticity you don't have an option. It will have to be N.B.R. livery.

Cheers....Morgan
Attachments
list.jpg
list.jpg (29.85 KiB) Viewed 2678 times
Delta 65
NER Y7 0-4-0T

Result!

Post by Delta 65 »

Thanks Morgan. That's fantastic! You've given me all the info I needed. I may decide to paint the loco LNER black anyway as a sort of "what might have been" project.