Green Arrow - And Exclusive Arrow News!

This forum is for the discussion of the locomotives, motive power, and rolling stock of the LNER and its constituent companies.

Moderators: 52D, Tom F, Rlangham, Atlantic 3279, Blink Bonny, Saint Johnstoun, richard

x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Green Arrow - And Exclusive Arrow News!

Post by x568wcn »

Shes going back together right now, and whilst I was there, I got to see a rare weekend sight. To see what I saw Click here http://www.4472.me.uk/others/60800-Gree ... /treat.asp

Sorry about the picture quality, dust on me lense again!

Whilst I was waiting for this 'Special Treat' the nice lady there to do the workshop round up (which she didn't as no one wanted to listen) was telling me about what happened, and what they were doing. I mentioned about the repaint, and she said nope, not this year anyway, there's too much on with Scotsman!
By Mark t
(now known as silver fox)
www.yorksteam.co.uk
rorz101uk
GNR J52 0-6-0T

Post by rorz101uk »

well at the GCR they said they she is going in apple Green, so! but i really like her in the BR colours
Thanks
Rory Capell
GCR:- Fireman
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

But the GCR aren't painting her!
By Mark t
www.yorksteam.co.uk
Bullhead
LNER Thompson B1 4-6-0 'Antelope'

Post by Bullhead »

I think the late crest BR livery suits her well.

And the pictures make me think -

I hope nobody tried to tell you that her shock absorbers and silencer needed replacing.
So - did anyone dare tell Stephenson, "It's not Rocket science"?
richard
LNER A4 4-6-2 'Streak'

Post by richard »

:-) lol

Much appreciated!

Good progress though.

I bet that hole is almost as dark as the railroad hole I found myself in on Thursday, but I'm sure it is a much cleaner (Clarity Tunnel - now part of a bike/hike/horse trail, and home to a large colony of bats!)

Richard
Richard Marsden
LNER Encyclopedia
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

NRM Wrong Number

Post by x568wcn »

I contacted the NRM about advertising the wrong number for Green Arrow (4471 instead of 4771), and got a couple of replies from them;

Dear Mr Turner

Thank you for pointing out the unfortunate literal in our Giants of Steam leaflet. I suspect that the type-setter was so used to writing 4472 on all our print that he or she hit the 4 key rather that the 7! Despite the fact that many people read the pre-press copy, I suspect that we were guilty of the same error in reading what should be there, instead of what is actually in print. I have contacted our printers and the mistake should not now be repeated in future material. Rest assured we will be checking engine numbers very carefully in future!

Kind regards

Camilla Harrison
Marketing and PR Manager - Rail Operations.

Dear Mr Turner

thankyou for pointing out the mistake you found on the National Railway Museum website. I have amended the information accordingly.

Best regards, Jane

Jane McDevitt
Web Designer
National Railway Museum
www.nrm.org.uk

All ok now! :wink:
By Mark t
www.yorksteam.co.uk
x568wcn
GNR C1 4-4-2

Post by x568wcn »

On from that, Steam Railway Magazine says Green Arrow is to repainted at it's Doncaster birthplace Doncaster, before it arrives at Loughborough.
By Mark t
www.yorksteam.co.uk
Tom Quayle
GCR D11 4-4-0 'Improved Director'

Post by Tom Quayle »

Yeh Apple Green, well at least it will look right in apple green unlike Flying Shambles (4472) lets hope there is no spare deflectors at york lol :lol:
The weather here is Baltic but so were the tank engines
Furness Railway and GCR fan.
125mph tilt vs 126.5mph duck
Advanced North West Productions.